Google Play Store error 498 is a common issue experienced by lots of Android users. This error usually occurs while downloading games and apps from the play store application.
If you are also facing the same error and now you are in search of fixes then this article will be very helpful to you.
Here you will find 8 different simple methods to fix error code 498 in Google play store. So keep reading this article, you will also get to know some of the reasons behind the Google play store error 498.
Now without wasting any more time let’s proceed…
Reasons For Error Code 498 on Google Play Store
There may be several reasons for this error 498. Here are a few of them listed below:
- If the app that you want to download is larger than the size of the cache partition then this may cause error code 498.
- There may be a Google Play Store server issue causing error 498.
- Internet Service Provider problem can also stop the user to download any android application
- Not having sufficient space to download or install the app can also be one of the reasons for play store error.
Now let’s find out the solutions to fix this error on an Android device.
Recommended Solution: Fix Error Code 498 in Android Google Play Store Using Software
You can fix Google Play Store error manually as well as automatically by simply using Android Repair Tool.
By using this tool you can fix any type of Android errors and issues like black screen death, app crashing, stuck on boot loop and several other problems.
So feel free to use this software as it doesn’t require any technical skill to operate it.
8 Methods To Fix Google Play Store Error 498
Solution 1: Clear Google Play Store Cache
If you are trying to download an app that is larger in size than the cache partition then this can cause error 498 on your Android device. So you may first try to clear the cache of the Google Play Store app.
Here are the steps below:
- First, open Settings on your Android phone
- Then click on the Apps and Notifications Here you will see the list of all installed apps.
- Look for the Google Play Store app from the app list and click on it.
- Next, click on Storage and then tap on the Clear Cache option
If still, you found Google Play Store Error 498 then try to fix this issue by clearing the cache of the Google Play Service app. Go through the above steps and look for Google Play Service app on the installed app list. Then clear the cache of this app.
Solution 2: Wipe Cache Partition
Wiping cache partition cleans temporary files from installed apps which can help to fix Google Play Store error 498 on your Android phone.
So go through the steps below to remove all cache partitions:
- First, turn off your Android phone by pressing and holding the Power button
- Then tap on the Power off It will shut down your phone.
- Next press the Volume Down+ Power button and keep in hold for 10-15 seconds till your phone boots into recovery mode.
(Check phones manufacturer’s website to know the exact combination of buttons to reboot)
- Now open the Recovery mode menu by using the volume buttons
- Choose the Wipe Cache Partition option from the menu and wait for the process to complete
- Lastly, choose the Reboot option by pressing the power button
If this solution doesn’t work for you then move on to the next method.
Solution 3: Remove and Add New Google Account
Google Play Store Error 498 may be occurred due to some problem in account settings so you should try to remove your Google account and re-add it.
Follow the below steps to remove the Google account:
- Open Settings and tap on Accounts/Users and accounts section
- Then click on Google account and tap three vertical dots on the top right corner of the screen
- Next, choose the Remove account
After removing the Google account re-add a new account by applying the below steps:
- First, go to Settings and click on Accounts/Users and accounts section
- Then tap on Add Account and click on Google
Next, follow the on-screen instruction to re-add Google account.
Solution 4: Connect To Wi-Fi
Sometimes Google Play Store Error 498 occurs due to problems in Internet Service Provider. So try to access Google Play Store by using a Wi-Fi connection instead of a mobile network.
If still, you find error 498 then try connecting to the play store server by using a different Wi-Fi network.
Solution 5: Re-add 2G/3G Access Setting
In this method, you have to delete Access Point 2G/3G settings of the mobile network and then reboot your Android phone. After rebooting when your phone turns on re-add the access setting and check that error code 498 play store is resolved or not.
Solution 6: Reset App Preferences
Reset app preference is also a simple method that you can try to resolve error 498 occurring on an Android phone.
So follow the steps below to set app settings to default:
- First, go to Settings on your Android device
- Then open the Apps/Installed Apps section and tap on three vertical dots
- Select the Reset app preferences option and click on the Reset apps button
Solution 7: Uninstall and Reinstall
In this method, you should try to uninstall the Google Play Store app and re-install it again.
But before uninstalling it first open Settings>tap on Apps and Notifications>Then look for the Google Play Store app and tap on it. Next on the App info page, you will find the options to clear cache, clear data, and force stop the play store app. So tap on all these options and then uninstall the app.
At last re-install the latest Google Play Store app and check that Google Play Store Error 498 is fixed or not.
Solution 8: Use PC To Install Android App
If any of the above methods doesn’t work for you then you can simply connect your phone to a PC by using the USB cable. Then go to the PC browser and open the Google Play Store app. Here search for an app to download and tap on the Install button. This will save your downloaded app on your connected Android device.
Just make sure that you have connected your smartphone to a PC properly otherwise you will not be able to install apps from Google Play Store on your connected phone.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do I fix Error 498?
Error 498 usually occurs while downloading apps or games from the Play Store app. You can easily fix this error problem by clearing the Google Play Store cache, re-adding Google account, re-adding 2G/3G Access Point settings, resetting app preferences, and many more.
2. How do I fix a corrupted Google Play store?
Follow these few simple methods which you can apply to fix your corrupted Google Play Store app.
- Switch from mobile data network to Wi-Fi connection
- Force the app to stop and wipe cache partition
- Re-install app
- Register with different Gmail account
3. Can’t download the app from Google Play Store due to an error 498?
Error 498 is a common issue and can be fixed by easy methods. So there is no need to worry just try for the fixes that are listed in this article. Any of the one solution will be surely helpful to you.
So, these were 8 possible solutions that you can use to fix the Google Play Store Error 498 on your Android device. Read this article thoroughly and go through one by one method till you resolve this error problem.
I hope the above-given solutions worked for you to fix the error issue.
Thank you for reading!
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.