Well, most Android users save all their important data on their mobile phones which include contacts, documents, images, videos, messages, and many more. These smartphones help users to make their lives much easier.
But sometimes horrible thing happens due to which users have to face data loss situation. If you are in the same situation, then keep reading this article to get various manual methods along with a great automatic Android Data Recovery tool to get back your lost data.
Is it Possible to Retrieve Deleted Files from the Samsung Galaxy A7 Phone?
When you delete files or get erased automatically, then it just disappears from the phone screen and remains saved in your Android device in hidden format. It means that Android marks as write-over at the space where the deleted file was previously stored.
Once space gets occupied by any new data, you won’t get any way to recover lost files. Therefore try not to access any file on your phone like capturing images or installing any app till you get back your lost data.
Now let’s take a look at some common reasons behind Android data loss.
To Recover Deleted Data From Samsung Galaxy A7, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media you wish to recover data from and click on Scan.
- Preview the files before recovery and choose Recover option to restore deleted data from Android.
Common Reasons Behind Data Loss on Samsung Galaxy A7 Phones
- Broken or Damaged android phones lead to data loss. But still, you can recover lost data from a broken phone.
- During file transfer from Samsung phone to computer with the help of data cable, if your data cable gets disconnected or your computer shut down due to power failure then it could lead to data loss.
- Accidentally deleted desired data such as documents, messages, photos, contacts, and many more. This mostly happens when you are in a hurry to free up some space to add new data on your Galaxy phone.
- Removing the memory card from your Galx7 A7 phone while some of the files are opened in the gallery or you have clicked images and immediately you are removing the card while images are being written to the card may result in data loss.
- Malfunctioning phones data makes it inaccessible. So try not to access any given file on untrusted websites.
- Water spills over the phone can make data corrupted result in data loss.
- Phone getting stolen also results in data loss.
- Factory reset removes all saved data from an Android device. So before performing a factory reset, keep a backup of all data to Google Drive or any other device.
- Forcefully modifying data extensions may lead to loss of data.
- A corrupted SD card can erase all your saved data on this card.
In any of the scenarios, your data stored in your Galaxy A7 phone or on its memory card will get lost or deleted. Nevertheless, you do not need to worry about it. If you are looking to retrieve deleted files from Samsung Galaxy A7 then you can make use of Android Data Recovery Software.
Now after knowing common reasons for data loss, it’s time to restore lost files from Samsung Galaxy A7 phone. So move on towards the next section.
8 Ways To Recover Deleted Data From Samsung Galaxy A7
Method 1: Best Solution to Get Back the Deleted Data from Samsung Galaxy A7
Recover lost files from the Samsung Galaxy A7 phone with the help of the Android Data Recovery Tool. This is an advanced tool that can be used to recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy A7.
The best thing about this tool is that it can recover deleted data from internal as well as external memory from the Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone. It can retrieve all types of files from Android devices such as text messages, photos, videos, contacts, call logs, Whatsapp messages, audio files, documents, and many more.
Hence, you can download the recovery tool for free to retrieve lost, deleted, missing, or erased files from Android smartphones and Tab. Also, you can follow the Android recovery guide to get step-by-step procedures.
Method 2: Recover Lost Data from Google Drive
Google Drive is one of the best and secure places to backup all phones data. You can save all data from videos to music to paperwork. This app is pre-installed on most Android devices so; there is no need to install it separately. You will also get connected to Google Drive while setting your phone using your Google account.
However, to backup data to this app, you have to enable the Google Drive sync option. If you have turned on the sync option, then your entire phone’s data have been automatically backed up to Google Drive.
So, to recover those data, open the Google Drive app and select the data you want to restore. Then click on the Download button. It will recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy A7 phone.
Method 3: Recover Deleted Data from Samsung Cloud
Samsung Cloud features available only on Samsung devices that allow users to backup phones data such as contacts, calendar, gallery, keyboard data, settings, Samsung notes, messages, and many more.
However, the latest update on this feature is that Samsung has decided to stop both free and paid backup services. Samsung Cloud will no longer support Gallery sync and Drive storage.
Therefore, Samsung has suggested users migrate cloud data to One Drive before October 1, 2021. As, all the features of Samsung Cloud will get ceased on November 30, 2021. So it’s better to restore all your backed-up data from Samsung Cloud.
Here are the steps below to restore lost files from Samsung Galaxy A7:
- First, go to Settings>Clouds and accounts.
- Click the Samsung Cloud option and go to the Restore section.
- Next, select the items and click Restore Now button.
- When restoration finishes, you will receive a notification displaying All data restored to your phone message.
Method 4: Recover Deleted Data from PC using Smart Switch
Samsung Smart Switch is an app used to transfer data from one Samsung device to another. It can transfer data such as pictures, contacts, notes, apps, calendars, videos, music, messages, and many more.
Apart from this, you can use this app to create a backup of Samsung phones data. You can save copies of all data on your PC by using the Smart Switch app.
So if you have the backed up file on PC, then go through the steps below to recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy A7:
- First, connect your Samsung Galaxy A7 phone to your PC via USB.
- Tap on the Restore button.
- Next, choose to select a different backup option if you want to recover previously backed up data. Or else, choose the Restore now option.
- Then click the Keep screen on option displaying on your Samsung phone.
After this, all your stuff will get organized in your Samsung Galaxy A7 device. So wait for the process to finish and then disconnect your phone from your PC.
Method 5: Recover Lost Photos or Videos in Samsung Galaxy A7
If you have accidentally removed photos/videos or got corrupted due to which you are unable to access those data, then perform Samsung Galaxy A7 lost data recovery using backup.
Apart from Google Drive, Samsung Cloud, Samsung Smart switch backup, you can also recover photos or videos from the Google Photos app. But the thing is that you can restore lost items from Google Photos only if you have enabled its sync option.
So if you have turned on this option, then open the Google Photos app and select deleted item. Then tap on three vertical dots and click on the Download option. You will not find the Download option if the image has already been saved in your gallery. So you look for the item in your phone’s gallery.
The good thing about Google Photos app is that even if you have removed photos or videos from this app, still you can get those deleted items in the Trash folder. But those items will remain only for 60 days. To recover lost items from Trash, follow the below steps:
- Tap on the menu icon in the Google Photos app
- Then tap on the Trash option and select photos or videos to restore
- After selecting, tap on the Restore icon.
Other than backup, you can get your lost photos/videos from Recycle Bin feature which is available only on Samsung devices. Here deleted items remain only for 30 days. So follow the below steps to retrieve deleted files from Samsung Galaxy A7 from this feature:
- Open Gallery on your Samsung phone.
- Tap on three vertical dots at the top right corner.
- Then click on Recycle Bin option and select the photos or videos to restore.
- At last, tap on the Restore button.
Method 6: Recover Deleted Text Messages in Samsung Galaxy A7
There are many ways to recover lost text messages in Samsung phones. You can use your backup to restore your text messages. If you don’t have an available backup, then contact cell phone carriers. They save all details such as call logs, messages, ID address, etc…
Or you can use the Android Data Recovery tool to recover text messages including all other types of data in your Samsung Galaxy A7 phone.
Method 7: Recover Deleted Contacts in Samsung Galaxy A7
If you have created a backup file of contacts in Google Contacts, then it will be easier for you to recover it. So follow the below steps to restore lost contacts in Samsung Galaxy A7 phone:
- First, open Google Contacts and log in using your Google account.
- Click on the option More from the left panel of your phone screen.
- Tap on Undo changes option.
- Then you will receive a pop-up message here click on Confirm button.
- Now click on Accounts and tap Google
- At last, tap on the Restore contacts option.
There are many other methods too which you can use to recover contacts in your Samsung phone. So, check out this guide Android Contacts Recovery for further details.
Method 8: Recover Deleted Data from SD card
Most Android users don’t use SD card as now smartphones has sufficient storage space to save all required data. But if you are using an SD card for backup purposes, then you can recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy A7 phone by using this card.
However, you can look for other Android SD Card Recovery methods if you don’t have the available backup.
Additional Reading: Samsung Galaxy S3 Data Recovery – Recover Deleted Files from Samsung Galaxy S3
Tips to Avoid Android Data Loss
To avoid data loss from Android phones in the future, follow the below-given tips:
- Always prepare a backup file for your important data saved on your Android device. For backup, you can use Google Drive, Samsung Cloud, Smart Switch, or any other device to keep a copy of your phone’s data.
- When your phone’s battery power is low, don’t capture any pictures or videos.
- Install an antivirus program on a smartphone to avoid virus infection.
- Ensure that your phone’s memory card has the “Write Protect” feature to avoid formatting or accidental deletion of any data.
- Before deleting any data from an Android device double-check the selected item.
- Do not connect your Android device to virus infected computer and also do not take files from any infected device.
- Eject phones SD cards properly and avoid using the same card on different Android devices.
- Upgrade your Android OS to the latest updated version.
Samsung Galaxy A7: FAQs
1. Is there a recycle bin on Samsung Galaxy S7?
Yes, there is a recycle bin feature on the Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. If you have accidentally removed the photos or videos from the phone’s Gallery, then recover them from this feature. To do so, open Gallery and click the More option. Then click on Settings from the menu and tap on Recycle Bin option. Here select the items that you want to restore.
2. How can I recover my deleted data from Android phone without PC?
You can recover lost data from Google Drive backup to which you get connected when you create a Google account in your Android device. If you have enabled Google Drive sync, then recover deleted data from this app.
3. How can I transfer data from the phone when the screen is not working?
You can connect your Android device to a PC via USB cable and copy all files in your system. But this is possible only if you have enabled the USB Debugging option. If it is not enabled, then also there are some other possible methods that you can apply to transfer data from your phone. So, check this guide Android Dead Screen Recovery for further details.
4. How to recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy S5 phone?
There are many ways to recover lost data from Samsung devices such as Samsung Cloud, Smart Switch, Google Drive, Google Photos backup. You can check out this guide for Samsung Galaxy S5 Data Recovery methods.
So this is all about recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy A7 phone. I hope now you can access the lost data by using the above backup methods. If you don’t have the backup, then use the data recovery software given in this article.
Lastly, I will suggest you always keep a copy of your important data so that you can perform Samsung Galaxy A7 lost data recovery whenever needed.
If you have found this article useful and helpful, then please do not forget to share it.
Also, like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get more useful guides on Android.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.