Google Nexus has lots of smartphone series and is very popular among users. But if you are a Google Nexus phone user and have lost important files like photos, videos, text messages, and others from it then you have come to the right place.
Here in this blog, I am going to discuss how Google Nexus data recovery methods can help you to recover deleted data from Google Nexus smartphone. Here, we will discuss both ways to recover data with or without backup. So, keep reading this article.
So let’s read this blog completely and know how to rescue missing data from Google Nexus phones…
To retrieve deleted files from Google Nexus phone, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media you wish to recover data from and click on Scan.
- Preview the files before recovery and choose Recover option to restore deleted data from Android.
Reasons Behind Deletion/Losing Your Data from Google Nexus Phone
- Mistakenly or accidental deletion – It normally happens where you may mistakenly or accidentally delete data (photos, videos, messages, contacts, notes, audio files, etc) from your Nexus phone. You might also press the “Delete All” button by mistake and as a result, you lose data.
- Formatting the Android device containing media and other files – Sometimes when you connect your Android device to PC, it shows an error message such as ‘Drive F: is not formatted, do you want to format it now. Many users proceed further by clicking on ‘Yes’ and, as a result, entire data stored in the drive gets deleted.
- Using the same card on different devices – If you are using the same memory card on different devices like Android phones, digital cameras, Android tablets, laptops, iPhones, etc, then it could result in card or file system corruption leading to severe data loss.
- Accidental formatting of Android memory card – Almost every Android smartphone/Tab offers a “Format Option”. While looking for some files in your Nexus phone and if by mistake you click on the “Format” option then all data stored in your memory card will get erased.
- Other reasons – Other reasons such as virus infections, file system corruption, upgrading your Android phone OS to the latest version, performing the factory reset, etc could result in data loss on Android phone.
Is it Possible to Retrieve Deleted Data from Google Nexus phone?
Well, the answer is Yes, the lost data can be recovered. Users have the hope to get back the missing files from the phone again after deleting them because the files are not erased permanently from the phone.
They remain in the device itself in the hidden form. Users think that those files are gone forever but this is not the case, it’s just gets hidden which can be recovered later.
So, you don’t need to worry because if you are lucky then the disappeared files can be recovered only when they are not overwritten.
First, you have to be careful and should stop accessing your phone. Because keep using the phone may save new data that can overwrite the previous data and once it happens then just forget that you will get back the erased data again.
Second, switch off all your mobile data or Wi-Fi, Hotspot, etc from the phone so that no unnecessary data gets saved on the phone. Third, follow the ways discussed below to bring back all erased data from the Google Nexus phone.
Recommended Solution: Best Software To Recover Deleted Data From Google Nexus Phone
Android Data Recovery is one of the best and suggested tools to recover deleted data from Google Nexus phones. With only a few clicks, you can easily recover the important stuff that is deleted from your Nexus phone. This software has a high success recovery rate and restores missing data without backup required.
It not only retrieves lost photos or contacts but several other data can also be recovered easily. No matter for what reasons your files are wiped away, this amazing recovery program can easily rescue erased data from Nexus phone.
Data types and phone models Nexus recovery supports:
|Data Types||Videos, photos, contacts, call logs, text messages, documents, notes, Whatsapp chats, music files, contacts, etc|
|Phone Models||Google Nexus One, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 5P, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7, Nexus 9, Nexus 10, etc|
So why to wait, simply download Android Data Recovery Tool and recover every lost data from Nexus phones. Check out the user guide part to know the steps to use the software.
Steps to Recover Deleted/Lost Data from Google Nexus Phone
Step 1: Connect Your Android device
First, launch Android Data Recovery software on computer and choose ‘Data Recovery‘
Now connect your Android device to computer via USB cable.
Note: Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging on your Android device
After your device is identified, you will see the screen as below:
Step 2: Choose file types to Scan
When your device is connected successfully, Android Data Recovery will show the types of data it supports. It has checked all types of files by default. You just need to choose the data type you wish to recover.
If your device is rooted then Android Data Recovery will give two options: Scan for deleted files and Scan for all files. Selecting Scan for all files will take longer time but it will scan the file thoroughly.
Now tap on ‘Next‘ to continue the recovery process. The recovery program will examine your phone first
And now your device will be scanned to recover lost data. This entire process will some moment so just wait and relax.
Step 3: Preview and restore lost data from Android phone
After the scan is finished, now you can preview the recovered data one by one. Here you should check the items you need and then tap on ‘Recover‘ to save in your computer.
Manual Methods To Perform Google Nexus Data Recovery
Now it’s time to check out some of the manual methods that will help you to get back lost or deleted files from your Nexus phone easily.
Method 1: Recover Deleted Data from Google Nexus Phone with Backup
Well, if you already have a backup of your data and when you lose your essential data then using the backup can sort out the problems.
Yes, using the backup of your lost data can restore them easily on your phone. So, if you have backed up your phone data using the local backup feature, then follow these steps to restore the data:
- Simply you have to go to Settings > Personal > Backup & Reset.
- After that click on the box next to ‘Automatic restore’. Apart from that, when you sign in to your Google account then the app’s settings and contacts will automatically get restored.
- Now, you will see all the data you have stored on Google and now you can easily recover them by downloading the files on your Google Nexus mobile.
Method 2: Retrieve Missing Files from Google Drive
Your device is already linked to a Google account and if you have enabled synced option then your deleted can be recovered. There are several ways to back up important files that can help you in retrieving files from the phone.
Google Drive helps to manage the data loss situation as some data are automatically uploaded to it whereas many times, you have to manually upload the files.
So follow the steps below to recover deleted Google Nexus data via Google Drive:
- First, open Google Drive app on your phone or download and install it on your phone.
- Then, go to the My Drive section and select those files you have uploaded and you want to restore.
- Preview the items and then click on the “Download” option to restore the selected files on the phone.
Another useful application that can help you to deal with such kind of data loss situation is by using the Google Photos app. Here you can get back deleted photos and videos from Nexus phone.
But remember that the deleted items remain in the Trash folder for 60 days and after that, the files are automatically removed permanently.
Follow the steps as guided:
- First, click on the Google Photos app on your phone
- Now tap on the Menu section
- You will get the option “Trash/Bin”
- Tap on it and you will see the deleted items here
- From here, choose the files you want to restore
- At last, click on the Restore option and all your files will be recovered
Method 4: Recover Deleted Contacts on Google Nexus Phones
When it comes to recovering the deleted contacts on an Android phone, you can use Google Contacts to get them back on your device. But it will only work if you have enabled the Sync option in Google Contacts.
So, if you have enabled this option on your phone and want to restore deleted contacts on your Google Nexus phone, then you can go with this option. Now, follow these given steps to recover contacts using the Google Contacts:
- Open Google Contacts > sign in using the same Google account used while setting up your phone.
- Next, go to the left panel of the screen and tap on the More option.
- Select Undo changes.
- Click on the Confirm button.
- Now, tap on the Accounts > Google.
- Finally, tap on the Restore contacts button to restore the contacts.
Well, there are some more ways to recover the deleted contacts from Google Nexus phones. You can check out the other methods here: Android Contacts Recovery.
Method 5: Recover Deleted Text Messages on Google Nexus Phone
If you have lost your important text messages and now wondering how to recover them on your Google Nexus phone, then here is a solution for you.
There are different ways to restore the lost SMS on your Nexus phone. But, it will be the best option to recover them using the backup if you have. In case you have no backup of text messages, then the other option to restore them is to contact the phone carriers.
Phone carriers use to have your phone details including the messages, call logs, IP addresses, etc. So, contact them as soon as possible to get back the deleted messages.
However, there are some more ways of Android SMS recovery you can use to restore the deleted text messages on Google Nexus phones.
Method 6: Retrieve Deleted Data from SD Card
Android phones come with limited memory space. Due to this, smartphones allow us to expand the memory using the SD card. So, if you have stored data on the SD card and is now deleted due to some reason, then you still have a chance to recover it.
If you have a backup of the SD card data, then it is quite easy to get back your data using that backup. But if you don’t have any backup of your SD card data, then you must check out this article to recover them: Android SD Card Recovery.
Tips to Prevent Data Loss in Google Nexus Phone
Preventing data loss will become easy if you follow the below-given tips:
- Avoid capturing pictures/record videos when your Android smartphone battery is low.
- Do not connect your Android device to virus infected computer and also do not take files from any infected device.
- Install a good quality anti-virus app on your Android device to protect it from virus/malware attacks.
- You must regularly back up your important Android data such as contacts list, text messages, images, videos, audio files, and other data to your PC.
- Before deleting unwanted files or formatting Android memory card check twice or thrice and then proceed further.
- To prevent accidental deletion of formatting, make use of the memory card feature “Write Protect”. There are several apps available on the internet that will offer a write protect feature to the memory card.
- Do not remove or eject memory cards improperly from your Android Tab/Phone.
Well, after a quick view on how to recover lost/erased data from Google Nexus devices, now I hope it is clear to you how to restore wiped out data from any Android devices.
Data can be lost anytime without any intimation, so why to go into such a situation, it’s better to create a backup of all the necessary contents or data and keep it in a safe place.
If not then don’t forget to use Android Data Recovery software to get back your lost data from the Google Nexus phone. Further, you can visit our Facebook, Twitter page
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.