Looking for some easiest and reliable ways to transfer data from Android to iPhone?
Most of us consider this task of transferring data from Android to iPhone after setup very tough. But actually it’s not that tough if you know the right way to do it.
So without wasting any more time just go through this post as it contain complete detail on how to transfer data from Android to iPhone.
Things To Be Done Before Performing Android To iPhone Data Transfer:
You need to get sure first that all the data present on your Android phone is properly backed up in the cloud before switching to the iPhone.
Google provide it’s user with the option of keeping automatic backup of all your call logs, texts, contacts, photos, videos in Google drive.
So if you need to restore the data to your new phone then by making simple login with your Google account meanwhile initial setup.
The best part is data which automatically get backed up in the Google doesn’t occupy your phone storage.
Using this feature you can easily backup your app data, contacts, call history, photos, messages etc. so before switching from Android to iPhone, it’s very important to keep backup in iCloud or Google Drive.
How To Transfer Data From Android To iPhone?
Following are some most effective ways to move data from Android phones to iPhone. I have distributed the solution into four main parts for your ease and better understanding.
Part 1: Transfer Data From Android To iPhone Using Software
Part 2: Best App To Transfer Data From Android To iPhone
Part 3: Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone
Part 4: Transfer Photo/Videos/Music From Android To iPhone
So let’s get started…!
Part 1# Transfer Data From Android To iPhone Using Software
Android Phone Switch
If you are looking for a reliable and effortless way to move data from Android to iPhone then do it with the help of Android Phone Switch software.
Android Phone Switch is a professional recommended tool to transfer, switch, copy data among various smartphones of different OS like iOS, Windows and Android.
It is the best tool to transfer data from Android to new iPhone. It works absolutely perfect over 6000 Android tablets and smartphones.
It allows users to securely transfer data from Android to iPhone in just few single clicks. To use this tool you don’t need any computer.
Some Highlighting Features Of This Software:
- This software facilitates users for transferring 11 types of files like music, videos, pictures, calendar, call logs, voice memos, messages, from Android to iPhone
- It Copies contacts along with the email addresses, company names, job titles, etc.
- Users can easily export their data without setting up any connection with any PC.
- It transfer data from Android to iPhone with cable in just 1-click.
- Its data transfer speed is very impressive.
- It doesn’t hamper the data quality.
- Offers trial version but in this users will get very limited features. To get complete access you have to purchase full licensed version.
- Compatible with all Android 6.1 or latest version and iOS 5.0 or latest version.
Part 2# Transfer Data From Android To iPhone Using Apps
1# Using “Move To iOS”
Goggle play store offer Move to iOS apps makes the process of transferring data from Android to iPhone easy and quick.
This tool works very efficiently to transfer calendar, photos, text messages, photos, contacts and videos. But this app won’t transfer apps, passwords and music.
It has well support for tablets and phones Android 4.0 or later. It transfers data to devices running iOS 9 or higher.
- Set up iPhone until and unless you get the “Apps & Data”
- Hit the option “Move Data from Android”.
- Now on your Android smartphone, go to the Google Play Store and look for the Move to iOS app.
- Once you get the Move to iOS app hit the install.
- After complete installations hit the Open.
- Hit the Continue option on both of your devices.
- Choose Agree> Next option on your Android smartphone.
- On the Android device, assign the 12-digit code which is appearing on the iPhone.
Now you will see that your Android device will get connected with the iPhone over the Wi-Fi connection and inspect what data will get transferred.
You will be asked whether you need to transfer the Google Account info, text messages, contacts, photos, chrome’s bookmarks and videos. So make selection for the things you want to move.
All your selected data will get transfer from Android to iPhone and place the content appropriately to the respective apps.
After the completion of the transfer process, hit on the Continue Setting Up iPad or Continue Setting Up iPhone option on your device. Now start setting up your device with new Apple ID or you can also logging into the already existing one.
When all these setup processes gets over, you are asked to logging in into the accounts which you have transferred from the old Android phone.
After this, your device is ready to get used.
Transfer process may take time as per the variety of data you are transferring. So you need to be patient.
SHAREit is also amongst the best app to transfer data from Android to iPhone.
This app attains faster transfer speed of 20M/s, but moreover its speed also depends on your network.
Here is the step to switch data from Android to iPhone:
- From the Google play store download the SHAREit app on the Android phone. Whereas on your iPhone device go to the Apple App Store and search for the SHAREit.
- Make sure that both the devices are properly connected with the same Wi-Fi internet.
- Now on both of your Android and iPhone device open your downloaded SHAREit app.
- On your Android phone, hit the Send option and choose the files that you want to end. After that hit the next button to proceed.
- On the other hand, hit the Receive button on your iPhone device to set up the connection in between your iPhone and Android device.
- Now you will see that iPhone will start appearing as one connected device on the Android phone. Make a tap over the iPhone device icon appearing on the Android device to begin the process of data transfer.
- SHAREit ask you to grant permission to get access to GPS, Bluetooth Location services on the device.
- Many advertisements will pop-up during the usage of this app.
3# Send Anywhere
Send Anywhere application is mainly designed to resolve common issue of transferring large size files between Android and iOS devices. This application fixes this issue by giving full support to several platforms.
Safest trick to share device data is using the P2P networking. As this will prevent the cloud storage and leaves no clue about the data you have shared on any web. this app works on this algorithm.
This desktop app has a clean interface with properly arranged sending and receiving buttons, transferred files and nearby devices.
You don’t need to login or any registration just enter the 6 digit code to setup link between the device.
- You can transfer any type of file such as documents, music, compressed files, pictures, videos, and more.
- Instantly transfer data between iPhone/Android/PC/MAC and many other devices.
- It is well compatible with all versions of Android and iOS devices.
- There is no size bar restriction for the shared files.
- Can’t transfer numbers of files at once.
- Shows several ads while using this app.
4# Copy My Data
Copy My Data is also free and most secure software by Media Mushroom. Follow down the steps to transfer data from Android to new iPhone instantly using the strong Wi-Fi connection.
- Absolutely free of cost.
- Transfer pictures, calendar entries, contacts, and other stuffs from iPhone to Android, and vice-versa.
- Performs instant transferring of data.
- Great support for Android 2.3.3 and up. iOS 7.1 or later. Also compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod etc.
- No PC is required to share the details.
- Shows several ads while using this app.
- There is no option to send specific files rather than you need to transfer the entire folder.
Xender is the most easy to operate application to transfer data from Android to iPhone after setup.
You can share all your data wirelessly from one device to another in just few simple clicks.
- Transfer files with 40Mb/s speed and it can send all types of data such as apps, videos, music, pictures, etc.
- No cables, Bluetooth or internet is required.
- No size restriction setup for sending up the files.
- Arrange files and folder by using its inbuilt file manager.
- Supports multiple languages and compatible with Android 2.3(Gingerbread) and latest version.
- No need to use internet or the USB cable to transfer data.
- With this app you can share data in four different devices simultaneously.
- Many ads pop-up while operating this app.
- App suddenly takes restarts meanwhile the transferring process.
Part 3# How To Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone
1# Sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars From Android To iPhone
If you use the email services very frequently then you must have saved the calendars, contacts, important mail in it.
Well iPhone supports the Yahoo, Exchange, Google and many email providers so you just need to log on to the email account on iPhone device and then use the same calendars and contacts to Android device.
Here we are considering Gmail for example:
Step 1: Go to the Android phone, and go to the Settings. Now choose the Gmail account and hit the Sync Contacts > Sync Now options. Now you will see that all the contacts will easily get synced at once.
Step 2: On your iPhone device, tap to the Settings option.
- Hit Contacts, Calendars, Mail (or Tap Accounts & Passwords)
- Select Google Gmail > assign the account info > hit the Next option.
- Turn on Mail, Contacts and Calendars sync option.
If you have saved the mail, calendar, contacts on some social media apps like Facebook or Twitter. You need to install those apps on your new iPhone and after that sync the contacts and calendar to it.
2# Transfer Android Contacts To iPhone Using Google Account
For easy transfer of Android contacts to iPhone just save entire contacts on your SD card and then upload that to your Google account. After that sync that Google account with your iPhone.
Here is how it is to be done:
Step 1. Open the Contacts app on your Android phone. Press the button present on the left hand side of home button. This will open the menu list from which you have to select the Import/Export option.
Step 2. Hit the Export to USB storage option and click OK button. This step will save all your contacts in your SD card. Now connect the Android device with the PC through USB cable. After that open the SD card file for exporting up the vCard file on your PC.
Step 3. On the PC open the Gmail webpage. Hit the Gmail and tap to the Contacts option. This will open the control panel of contact. Hit More > Import…. option. Now hit the Choose File tab to choose the vCard file which you have saved in 2nd step to import it.
Step 4. On the iPhone, follow this path Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account… > Google.
Now login using your Gmail account after that hit the Next option to complete all the setup. Turn on the Contacts, doing this will start synchronizing your contact to iPhone.
3# Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone Using VCF File
Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone Using VCF File is a great option if you haven’t sync your contact with your Google account.
Here is the step to use it:
- On the Android phone tap to open the Contacts app.
- At the right side there are 3 dots present, you have to hit on it. This will open the menu from which you have to choose the share option.
- In the opened Share menu windows choose the contacts that you need to transfer. Or else you can hit the “All” option to select contacts at least one at a time.
- Once you are done, hit the “Share” option. Select the contacts that you wish to send on the iPhone. After that hit the “Share” button.
- If you have chosen only one contact then you don’t need to use the “VCF file.” But if you have selected multiple numbers of contacts then VCF is the only choice.
- Make selection on which form you want to save your VCF file on your iPhone. You have two options: email or the text message
- On your iPhone device open your VCF file first. After that select add all the contacts in your iPhone.
4# Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone Using SIM Card
- Open the contact app in the Android phone and hit the three dot menu or gear icon.
- Tap to the option of SIM card contacts. If you are using a dual SIM supported phone then choose the SIM card that you are using in the iPhone.
- Hit three dots icon and then choose the Export from phone option.
- You will be prompted to choose the contacts which you wish to transfer to iPhone. Hit the select all button for transferring entire contacts or choose them At last hit the Done option.
- When whole process gets over, just remove up your SIM card and put it into iPhone.
- Now go to the settings and hit the contacts option on the iPhone.
- Make a tap over Import SIM Contacts option and wait until the process gets over.
- After completing all this, you will that all your contact starts appearing on the iPhone.
Part 4# Transfer Photo/Videos/Music From Android To iPhone
Transfer Data With iTunes
Taking help of the iTunes you can easily transfer photo/videos/music from Android To iPhone.
You may find this method quiet complex and time-taking but still you can approach for this if you find it convenient.
Note: if you are using iTunes for sync data, then keep this in mind that it will remove your previously existing content of your iPhone.
Step 1: Visit the official website of Apple for download latest iTunes for Mac or Windows PC and then install it.
Step 2: Connect the Android phone with the PC and then copy the videos, music, photos which you wish to transfer in the PC’ folder.
Step 3: Disconnect the Android phone and then attach the iPhone with the computer. Now open the iTunes app on the PC.
Step 4: To Sync Music: hit on the File tab and select the Add Folder to Library option.
Now select the folder which you have created previously and then transfer your music to the iTunes library.
Make tap over the Device tab and then hit the Music > Sync Music option. Now select the entire library or some specific songs and then tap to the Apply option.
Step 5: To Sync videos and Photos:
Make tap over the Device tab and then hit the Photos > Sync Photos option. Choose the folder which you have created earlier and then choose all photos and albums and then hit the include videos and Apply option.
Is It Hard To Transfer From Android To iPhone?
Yes, switching from Android to iPhone is quiet tough task to perform because you need to adjust your complete data into a complete new operating system.
Till now Apple has created one special app i.e Quick start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. But it won’t work in case of transferring data from Android to iPhone.
What Is The Best App to Transfer Data from Android To iPhone?
If you guys looking for some best apps to transfer data from Android to iPhone then try the Move to iOS app, SHAREit app, Send Anywhere, Copy My Data app. All these apps are easily available on Google Play Store, so you can easily download it from there.
If you don’t know how to use it then also you need not to get tensed just go to “Part 2# Transfer Data From Android To iPhoneUsing Apps” section of this post.
Why Can’t I Transfer Data From Android To iPhone?
If you are can’t transfer data from Android to iPhone then here are the few things that you can try.
- Until the whole process of transfer gets over leave both the Android and iPhone device untouched.
For example, if you start using any other app on your Android phone. Or you get a phone call on your Android device meanwhile the transfer then content won’t transfer properly.
- Most of the time weak network connection is responsible for data transfer failure.
In your Android smartphone, switch off all the background running apps which may affect the Wi-Fi connection. After that go to the Wi-Fi Settings and once again try to setup the connection.
- Restart both the devices and again attempt for transferring process.
- Disable the mobile data connection on your Android device and try data transfer again.
How Do I Restore WhatsApp From Android To iPhone?
Email is the best way to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. But to do this you need to transfer your WhatsApp chat one after other which is quiet time consuming.
Here are the steps to transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone using Email.
Step 1: Open the WhatsApp app in your Android device, and then select the WhatsApp chat which you want to transfer to your iPhone.
Step 2: Hit the Settings > More > Export Chat >Email options.
Step 3: Assign the email address on which you want to send your chat. After that open the same email id in your iPhone to access all your attached chats.
- It is a very simple way of transferring WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
- There is a transfer limit of 10,000 messages alongwith the attachments and 40,000 messages excluding the media attachments.
After going through the complete post you must have got enough idea on how to transfer data from Android to iPhone. So now it’s up to you whether you want to use the Android phone switch software, free data transfer apps or go with the iTunes solution.
Well, it doesn’t matter whether you want to transfer entire data of your Android phone or selectively transferring your data. As now you have complete list of solutions to choose from. So choose which one is well applicable in your case and try it.
Don’t forget to share your experiences with us…!
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.