Experienced data loss situation on your Nokia phone and don’t have any idea how to get them back? Don’t worry follow this Nokia phone data recovery guide to know how to retrieve deleted photos, videos, apps, contacts, text messages on Nokia Android phones.
Data loss is a very common scenario among Nokia or any other Android phones users. Hence, there is no need to panic. Here, I will show you the different ways to recover Nokia phone data with and without backup.
Not just this, but I have also included both the automatic and manual methods to restore deleted files on Nokia phones. So, if you have lost the files on your Nokia Android phone, then go through this guide to know how can you recover them.
To Recover Deleted Data From Nokia Phones, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media you wish to recover data from and click on Scan.
- Preview the files before recovery and choose Recover option to restore deleted data from Android.
Is There Any Possibility to Restore Deleted Files from the Nokia Android Phone?
Yes, there is a possibility to recover the deleted files from the Nokia phone. So, if you have deleted the files from your Nokia phone and now worrying about the deleted data, then don’t worry.
Users think that after deleting the data it wiped out from the device, but this is not the case. When you delete the file it actually doesn’t go anywhere, only the occupied memory space gets cleared by Android.
Once the data is removed or deleted from the device, Android marks the space as empty due to which you won’t be able to see the file anymore on the phone. Also, Android marks the empty memory space write-over which means any other newly installed file can take over that space.
So, if you are concern about your data and want to recover them, then do not install any new files on the device. Once any new file occupied the space, you won’t be able to recover the deleted file.
That is the reason it is always suggested not to use your phone and install any files or apps on the phone if you want to recover the lost data. It would be an even better option to put your Android phone on airplane mode.
Now, coming to the main part of this guide – Nokia phone data recovery. Follow any of the below-mentioned methods to recover the deleted apps, photos, videos, text messages, contacts on the Nokia Android phone.
How to Recover Deleted Data from Nokia Android Phone?
Best Software to Recover Lost Data from Nokia Phone
There are always two ways to recover any data from devices, manual and automatic. Manual methods don’t ensure data recovery, whereas if you will go with the right tool, it will definitely recover 100% of your lost and deleted data.
Here, I will suggest you use the Android Data Recovery tool. Using this tool, you can recover all kinds of data, such as contacts, messages, music, videos, photos, files, and much more. This tool works on almost all Android devices.
Not just this, but it can also recover data from dead phones and broken screen phones. So, if you want instant recovery without much hassle, then you should go with this option.
How to Perform Nokia Phone Data Recovery Without Software?
Method 1: Retrieve Nokia Phone Deleted Data Through Google Drive
Using Googe Drive is one of the best working ways for Nokia phone data recovery. Nokia phones come with a pre-installed Google Drive app and while setting up an Android device using your Google account, you also get connected to the Google Drive.
However, simply having the Google Drive app is not enough. To backup files on Google Drive, you must enable the sync option of Google Drive in order to automatically back up your data on the Nokia phone.
If you have already enabled the sync option and have a backup of data on Google Drive, then you can easily recover deleted files on the Nokia phone.
Hence, if you lost your data and want to recover it via Google Drive, then you must go through the below-given instructions:
- First, launch the browser > go to this link to open the Google Drive: https://google.com/drive.
- Now, you must get a list of data, select the files you want to restore. You can also use the search box to find the file you wish to restore
- Finally, after selecting the files, click on the Download button to restore the files on your phone.
Method 2: Restore Videos/Photos from Nokia Phone Using Google Photos
Nowadays, most Android users use the Google Photos app to keep their photos and videos synced. So, even though you have deleted the photos or videos from your device, you can still recover them using the Google Photos app.
Or, if you have deleted the data from Google Photos, then also you can find it in Google Photos Bin. You can retrieve your deleted data from it within 60 days. But, make sure to restore it within the two months other the data will get removed from there also.
Now, to recover data from the Google Photos Bin, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Photos app on your device.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines icon present at the left corner of the screen.
- Find the Bin option and tap on it.
- Now, you must be able to see all the deleted items.
- Select the items you want to restore.
- Now, tap on the Restore button.
Method 3: Recover Deleted Text Messages on Nokia Phone
If you have lost text messages on your Nokia phone, then don’t worry you can get them back. There are several methods of recovering the deleted SMS on the Nokia Android phone. If you have a backup of the text messages of your phone on any other storage device, then use it to restore the messages.
If you don’t have a backup, then the other way to recover the deleted text messages on the Nokia phone is using the cell phone carriers. Contact the carriers of your device and they will help you to retrieve the missing SMS as they contain all details, such as ID address, messages, call logs, etc.
Method 4: Restore Deleted Contacts from Nokia Phones
If you have lost or accidentally deleted contacts on your Nokia phone and now wondering how to get them back, then there is still a possibility to recover them.
Though there are several methods of recovering lost contacts on the Nokia phone, the easiest method is using Google Contacts. If you have backed up all the contacts on Google Contacts, then they can be retrieved easily.
You can easily get back contacts from Google Contacts if you have enabled the Sync option. Follow these steps to recover contacts from the Google Contacts:
- Go to Google Contacts and sign in with the Google account you used to set up your phone.
- Then, tap on the More option given at the left panel of the screen.
- Choose the Undo changes.
- Now, a message will pop up. Here, tap on the Confirm.
- Next, tap on the Accounts > Google.
- Lastly, click on the Restore contacts and restore all the contacts.
Apart from this, there are other ways too to recover contacts from Nokia phones. For this, check out this guide: Android Contacts Recovery.
How to Recover Deleted Data from SD Card on Nokia Phone?
Android phones come with a limited internal storage space which is sometimes not enough for users and that’s why it allows adding the SD card to expand the storage space on the device.
However, just like internal memory space, users may also encounter a data loss situation on the SD card. So, if you have lost your files on the Nokia phone’s SD card, then you may recover them by using the backup of the card.
In a case, you have no backup of the SD card, then also there are ways to get the deleted files. For this, you need to go through the Android SD Card Recovery methods.
Common Reasons that May Lead You to Data Loss on Your Nokia Phone
- Phone having low battery: Is your Nokia phone running out of memory and meanwhile trying to save or share the data? If is it so, then you may lose the data as the phone may get turn off anytime.
- Virus/Malware infected files: If any of the files present on your phone is infected with a virus or malware, then it will affect the whole device and may wipe out all data saved on your phone.
- Changing file extension: If you are forcefully trying to change the extension of the file, then it will either make the data inaccessible or will get corrupt. In both cases, you will lose the data.
- Damaged/Corrupted SD card: If the SD card of your Nokia phone is damaged or corrupted, then it will corrupt the files present on the card and you won’t be able to access them.
- Accidentally deleted data: Apart from the technical issues, users themselves can also be responsible for the data loss if they have deleted the files intentionally or unintentionally.
- System Failure: Sudden system failure may also lead users to data loss situations on the Nokia phone.
- Factory Reset: Factory reset actually resets all the settings and features on your phone and while doing this it also deleted the data saved on the device.
- Broken/dead phone: If you have broken your Nokia phone or is dead due to any technical issue, then also all the data will be removed from the device.
- Corrupted apps: If there is a corrupted app on your phone, then all of its related files will also get corrupted.
Tips to Remember: How Protect Nokia Android Phones from Data Loss Situation?
So, it is better to take all required precautions to avoid data loss situations on your phone. Below are some tips that you should follow to avoid Nokia phone data loss:
- Don’t remove the memory card from your Android phone device when it is in use.
- Always make sure to keep your device charged as the low battery can lead to data loss.
- If your phone’s battery is low, then don’t take any photos or videos.
- Never mishandle your phone SD card. Always try to remove the SD card with utmost care before ejecting it from its slot.
- Don’t connect your Nokia or any other Android phone to virus-infected devices.
- Regularly backup your important data saved on your Nokia phone.
- Get a trusted and reliable security application installed on your phone to protect your device from the virus/malware.
- Check twice before deleting any file on your phone.
- To prevent the accidental deletion of data, ensure the memory card has the “Write Protect” feature. There are so many apps available on the internet that offers the write-protect feature to the memory card.
Nokia Phone Data Recovery: FAQs
1: How to recover photos from my old Nokia phone?
There are two options to recover the photos from the old Nokia phone:
- Use Backup: If you have a backup of your old Nokia phone, then go to the storage space where you have backed up the photos and transfer them to your new phone.
- Using Android Data Recovery Tool: If you don’t have a backup of the phone, then you can use the Android Data Recovery Tool. Scan your phone with this tool and it will take off the photos you want to restore.
2: How to retrieve data from the deactivated phone?
Even though the phone I deactivated or dead, you still have a chance to retrieve the files from the phone. Below are the ways you can follow to recover data from the deactivated phone:
- Use Android Data Recovery Software
- Recover files from the dead phone via OTG cable and mouse
- Restore files using the USB cable
- Get back data with the SD card
3: Can I retrieve data from the water damaged Nokia phone?
Yes, you can recover the files from the wet/water-damaged Nokia phone. But before moving to the recovery method, there are some do’s and don’t you need to follow. To know about this, follow this guide – Recover Data from Water Damaged Android Phone. Now, to recover the data use the Android recovery tool. Simply, install this tool on your computer > connect your phone to the computer via USB cable > scan your phone with this recovery tool and restore the files.
Since there are so many reasons for the loss or deletion of data on the Nokia phone, ut happen anytime on your phone. That’s why it is important to take the required precautions and prepare yourself to avoid or recover from the data deletion situations.
But in case, you lost the data, then also it’s not too late to get them back. If you ever lose the data from the Nokia phone, then this guide will definitely help you to get them back on your device.
Follow any of the above discussed Nokia phone data recovery methods to recover the deleted data from the Nokia phone.
If you liked this article, then do give us a like on Facebook and Twitter. Also, stay connected with us for more helpful Android guides.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.