How To Recover Unsaved/Deleted Word Documents In MS Office 2019, 2016
admin ❘ April 3rd, 2021
Do you want a complete solution to recover your Unsaved/Deleted Word Documents from MS Office 2019, 2016? If Yes. Then stay connected with this blog. Here, you will get the perfect methods to recover unsaved word documents. MS Office or Microsoft Office 2019/2016 is one of the most popular applications in today’s world. Almost 1.5 billion users worldwide use this application. It provides users with necessary utilities that helps them to grow their organization and works such as Calendar, Excel, Forms, Office, One Drive, One Note, Outlook, Powerpoint, Skype, Word, etc.
MS Office helps users to simplify their basic office tasks and upgrade work productivity. But in some situations, there is a chance of deletion of Word documents and losing unsaved documents. Don’t Worry. Here we can learn the different methods by which you can recover unsaved Word documents and also recover deleted Word documents.
All of the MS Office applications are designed to provide different tasks to the users like word processing, excel management, data management, form management, making presentations, and managing mailbox emails. Now, look at some points that give rise to the need to recover word documents.
Why Do We Need to Recover Unsaved/Deleted Word Documents?
- To Save the Word documents.
- For protecting the Word document from corruption.
- Secure the document contents and data.
- To Stop the crashing of MS Word.
- Save the Word document from different attacks.
These are different needs that insist us to recover unsaved and deleted Word documents in MS Office. Now, learn the solution of How to recover deleted Word Documents? And, How to recover an unsaved word document 2019,2016?
Methods To Recover Unsaved/Deleted Word Documents
Here, you can understand the different methods by which you can easily recover or restore your unsaved and deleted word documents in MS Office 2019, 2016. Moreover, you also learn the solution to recover unsaved Word documents after a crash.
Method 1: Recover Unsaved Word Document from Temporary Files
This method requires you to enable the AutoSave option to find the temporary files of lost and unsaved word document files on your system/PC. But using the below URL, you can find your unsaved Word file directly on your PC.
- Launch the MS Words on your local system/PC.
- Now, click on the File option to perform the unsaved process.
- Then select the Info option and go with the Manage Document.
- After that, tap on the Manage Document and select Recovers Unsaved Documents from the drop-down menu.
- Now, check your missing Word file in the opening window. If it was recently loose, you find them here.
- Lastly, open the recovered Word document and press the Save As button to save the Word document file.
Method 2: Restore Unsaved Word Document Using AutoRecover Option
Now, another technique to recover the unsaved Word document is enabling the AutoRecover feature of MS Word. The saving extension of AutoRecover is the .asd file. By default, MS Word searches the AutoRecover file whenever they start. After that, it shows the unsaved files on the Word window. If your Document Recovery option is not enabled then you have to search auto-recovered files manually. Hence, to recover unsaved Word document, follow the below steps carefully:
- Run the Microsoft Word in your system and click on the File option.
- Now, in the left navigation pane, select the Save option and click on it.
- Then copy the AutoRecover file destination path and paste it into File Explorer.
Note:- You can also change the schedule of AutoSave using Save AutoRecover information every yy minutes and click OK.
- After that, go to the File Explorer window and select the unsaved document file from there.
- Then Copy the .asd file to the clipboard.
- Now, again click on the File and opt with the Open from the drop-down menu of File.
- In the Open Wizard, click on the Recover Unsaved Documents button present at the bottom.
- Then paste the copied unsaved document file URL of the .asd file into the File Name box. And click the Open button.
- If you face any error while restoring the Word document files. Repeat the steps and press the Open and Repair option from the menu of Open.
Method 3: Recover MS Word Documents after Facing Crash
Recovering or Restoring unsaved Word documents is not always easier for the users. Sometimes, your system shuts down unexpectedly, or your Word stops working/crashes. Here, in this method, you can find the solution on How to recover unsaved Word documents while crashing.
- Launch the MS Word on your system again.
- The MS Word programs recover unsaved Word documents automatically in most cases.
- Or go to the Recent section, select the Word file and click on the Open option.
Method 4: Restore Deleted Word Documents
For Knowing the solution of How to recover deleted Word Documents Follow the below steps carefully to restore the Word document file when it is deleted. If you delete a word document without emptying the recycle bin, you can easily restore the Word document file and save them on your system. To restore the Word files, perform the steps carefully:
- Now, click on the Recycle bin folder present on your system.
- Then select the Word document and right-click on it.
- After that, in the drop-down list, choose the Restore option to recover the Word files.
- If, you can delete the Word document from the recyclable bin also. Then there are no chances to recover or restore data again.
In this article, we understand that MS Office is one of the most popular applications in today’s world. It provides users with more necessary tools that help users to grow their organization and works such as Calendar, Excel, Forms, Powerpoint, Skype, Word, etc. Sometimes there are chances of unsaved or delete the Word document while performing work with the MS Word. So after knowing these issues, learn the need to recover unsaved Word documents and restore deleted Word documents. Then look at the different techniques using which we restore unsaved Word documents, deleted Word document files, and recover unsaved Word documents if the word is crashed.