Know More About Visual Voicemail is Not Working on Android Issue
Before knowing about this particular issue, let’s get aware of this app. Visual Voicemail is an app that allows users to receive and see voicemail messages on their Android devices.
With this app, you can not only read the messages but can listen to them too. This app works with both iOS devices and Android devices which makes it more popular among users.
However, there are some users who have reported an issue with this app. According to them, Visual Voicemail not working on the Android phone and they are unable to get notifications, read/listen to voicemails.
Mostly, it happens due to a network issue or if there is a bug in the app. Well, whatever the reason is, you can always fix this issue by taking the correct steps. For this, you need to read out this article completely.
Here, I have compiled all the potential troubleshooting ways to fix the Visual Voicemail problem on Android devices along with the possible causes that are responsible for it.
Why Verizon Visual Voicemail Stopped Working on Android?
If the Verizon Visual Voicemail app is not working on your Android phone, then it might be happening due to one of the following possible reasons:
- If you haven’t activated the service of Visual Voicemail.
- This issue also happens when the app has not got the required permissions on the device.
- When your cellular data is off.
- If you are connected to the wifi and out of the range, then the connection won’t work well.
- You might have been using the outdated version of the app, or your OS is outdated.
- If the Android OS is not supporting the version of the Visual Voicemail app.
- When the app file gets corrupted.
How to Fix Visual Voicemail Not Working on Android?
#1: Recommended Solution – Use Android Repair Tool to Fix Visual Voicemail Not Working Issue
If you experiencing any error or issue on your Android phone/tablet and are unable to fix it, then here is an easy and best solution for you. Try the Android Repair Tool.
It is a repairing tool that will help you to fix a wide range of Android errors and issues. With the help of this professional repair tool, you can fix Android errors, such as stuck on boot loop, black screen of death, apps keep crashing, and several other issues.
To use this tool you don’t require any technical skills. The Android Repair tool can be accessed easily without any hassle.
#2: Enable & Disable the Flight Mode
If the Android Visual Voicemail is not working due to the network issue, then the most basic and common solution to fix the problem is to turn off and turn on the flight mode on your phone.
It’s often seen that turning the airplane mode on and off helps in fixing the network issues that might be the reason for Visual Voicemail Android not working. So, first, give this trick a try, and then check whether it works or not.
For this, go to the home screen and drag downwards from the top of the screen. Here, you will see the icon of Airplane mode. Now, turn it off, and then after a few seconds, disable the flight mode.
#3: Reset the Network Settings
If you have made any changes to the network settings and then the issue started happening, the network must be stopping the app from working on the device.
In this case, resetting the network settings may help you to fix the can’t connect to Visual Voicemail error. Many users tried this trick and succeed in resolving the issue. So, give it a try.
- Go to the phone Settings.
- Tap on the System.
- Go to the Advanced > Reset Options.
- Tap on the Reset network settings option.
- Click on the Reset Settings.
#4: Allow App to Use Background Data Usage
Background process settings differ from device to device and app to app. Hence, if Visual Voicemail is restricted from using the background data, then it won’t work.
So, make sure to allow this app to use the data. You can do it by following this step-by-step procedure:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Now, go to the Apps/App Manager.
- Here, you will get a list of apps installed on your phone. Search for Visual Voicemail and tap on it.
- Tap on the Mobile Data.
- Press the toggle button given next to the Allow background data usage to enable it.
#5: Clear Cache & Data of Visual Voicemail
As you know, all the apps tend to collect the usage data and cached it to improve the performance. However, sometimes, these data and cache files get corrupted and start causing issues.
In this situation, you must clear the cache & data of the app to fix the issue. If you don’t know how to do this, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Settings of your Android device.
- Scroll down & tap on the Apps option.
- Select Visual Voicemail from the list of installed apps.
- Now, go to the Storage option.
- Tap on the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.
- Now, try to launch the app and check whether it is working or not.
#6: Disable/Enable Visual Voicemail
Sometimes, the small glitches on the device can also lead to the Visual Voicemail not working on Android. However, it can be easily fixed by disabling and enabling the app.
- Open the default Phone app on your device.
- Tap on the three-vertical dots given at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Tap on the Voicemail given under the Call settings.
- Turn on the Visual Voicemail by tapping the toggle button.
#7: Deactivate Call Forwarding
If you have tried the above-listed solutions and are still getting the issue, you might have activated the Call Forwarding feature on your device. This feature forwards the call before it delivers to the voicemail.
Now, to turn off the call forwarding on your Android phone, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Phone app.
- Now, dial the *73 number.
- Wait until you hear the beep sound, then wait to disable the call forwarding.
#8: Update Visual Voicemail App
There is a pretty chance that the app itself is responsible for this issue. If there is a bug in the app, it will not allow it to work properly on the device and restrict users from accessing it.
It mostly happens when you are running an outdated app. So, if your app is also outdated, then you may face the Visual Voicemail on Android phone not working issue.
To get rid of this problem, you need to update the app. Updating the app fixes the bug and other performance-related issues. To do so, check out the simple steps discussed below:
- Launch Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Tap on the profile icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Go to the Manage apps and device.
- Click on the Updated available.
- Scroll down and check if the Visual Voicemail app showing in the list. If yes, then click on the Update given right next to it.
- Wait until the app gets updated.
Once you have finished updating the app, check if the problem persists. If you are still facing the issue with the Verizon Visual Voicemail on Android, then follow the next solution.
#9: Reinstall Visual Voicemail App
It is the last trick you can try to fix Verizon Visual Voicemail not working on the Android issue. This trick helped many users in resolving the issue, so it should work for you as well.
Here, we are going to uninstall the app and reinstall it on the device. To do this, follow these steps:
- First, uninstall the app.
- Then, open the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Visual Voicemail.
- Click on the Install button and complete the installation process.
- Now, try to open the app and check if it is working or not.
Additional Solutions to Fix Android Visual Voicemail Not Working
Apart from the above-discussed fixes, there are some more quick tricks and tweaks you can use to fix this problem on your Android device. Here are the additional solutions that you may try out:
- Only use the phone where there is a carrier to activate the Visual Voicemail
- Get the dedicated data plan for the voicemail that offers the voicemail feature
- Enable the 4G/LTE service for the app
- Reboot your phone
- Request new Voicemail settings from your carrier
Frequently Asked Questions
I hope that you have read this guide thoroughly and have tried all the solutions. If none of these fixes helped you and are still experiencing the Visual Voicemail isn’t working on Android problem, you must contact the carrier support team for help.
You can also use the tool mentioned in this article if you don’t want to go through these lengthy manual solutions. By using it you can expect this issue to be resolved within a few minutes if the problem is on your side otherwise as I said to get help from the carrier side.
Lastly, I would like to know whether you found this article or not. You can share your feedback and queries on Facebook or Twitter. Good luck!!